Tuesday, September 27, 2011
So I discovered this totally by accident while cleaning up a non-stick craft sheet that had Ranger Distress Crackle Paint in Clear Rock Candy... After the Crackle Paint dries, using the craft scrapper to clean off the sheet and I found it looked a lot like snow!! I used to buy it in the store, but now I can make my own with products I have on hand. I made this cute little Snow Girl by putting Wonder Tape on white cardstock and die cutting with a Sizzlets die. Then using a craft knife and taking off portions of the tape at a time I filled in with micro beads and then my "homemade" snow. I think she turned out pretty cute! Try it yourself and let me know how it works for you!
Friday, September 23, 2011
I have to say I completely LOVE the new Fall Distress Colors by Ranger in Seedless Preserves, Ripe Persimmon and Gathered Twigs!! I have been so motivated to create since these colors came out. So vibrant and beautiful! I used Gathered Twigs on the "wood" part of the Dress form die and then cut a piece of sticky-back canvas and colored it with Seedless Preserves (left) and Ripe Persimmon (right). Then I colored some white cardstock with the 3 colors listed above and Peeled Paint (using DTP and sponge applicator techniques for shade variation) and punched out leaves for the "skirt". I stamped the Inkadinkadoo"fall colors" stamp using Gathered Twigs and mounted everything on TH Holiday series paper from Idea-ology. A small piece of printed mulberry paper and 3 deep purple rhinestones (left) or 3 pearls (right) completes the card. All other products are from Ranger. Enjoy.
This is a simple Kraft Tag stamped with Picket Fence Stain using a Magenta Stamp then lightly colored in places with some Copic markers. This project was done in June 2011 using products from Ranger. I love the watercolor look of stamping with stain!
This was a Melt Art project that I did in June 2011. The flowers patterned paper covered with sticky-back canvas then cut out using a Sizzix die. Then the patterened paper side is dipped into melted UTEE with To Dye For (mixed primary colors to get green). After they were cooled I punched a hole in the middle with a Crop-a-dile so I could use brads to make the flower layers. All products used including the tag are Ranger. Embellishments are from the TH Idea-ology line.